The AUN Hotel, Conference Center and SPA is seeking for a General Manager. This position is a multi-national one; open to both national and expatriates.
Summary of Position:
The General Manager AUN Hotel, Conference Center & SPA is responsible for the overall administration, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the AUN hotel; as well as managing the following responsibilities:
Financial and reporting:
- Preparing the annual budget for the hotel and operating within guidelines
- Monitoring revenues and billings, to ensure accountability
- Running a profitable and effectively managed hotel
- Human and material resources utilization:
- Developing staff to their fullest potential and competencies
- Running the hotel to achieve greatness, through motivated and committed
- Identifying and putting in place training and ensuring the staff are compliant to the hotel standards
- Maintaining and improving on the agreed performance levels for all customers and owners of the hotel
- Undertaking regular visits to key customers and ensuring their needs are surpassed and developing further business relationships
- A Master’s degree or good first degree in Catering and Hotel Management,
- Business Administration, Sociology or related disciplines, from a recognized University
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ working experience in the hotel industry or holding a similar position in a reputable Hotel, conference center and spa.
- Experience of working in a Hotel environment is a requirement
- Should possess strong organizational and people skills
- Should possess strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Should possess Strong written and oral communication skills
- Should be proficient in the use of information and communications technology tools and e-resources.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement action plans and monitor progress towards achieving goals.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in word processing and use of personal computers.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Perform to earn the owners’ full confidence
- Assure discreet and accurate handling of all issues.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- Work under pressure and in a multi-tasking environment.
- Possess great organization skills and planning.
Description of Benefits:
- Salary and benefits are attractive, but commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the owners.
How to Apply:
- Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references, before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The AUN Hotel, Conference Center and SPA is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, gender, religion and marital status.