National Institute for Hospitality and Tourism is a support organisation for Nigerian Hospitality outfits. Nihoutour's Objectives include:
- To provide improved and quality service in the hospitality and tourism industry by introducing professional, technical and specialised training as well as post-graduate course in the travel and tourism and hospitality fields.
- To provide short and long term managerial and supervisory training for the development of specific skills as well as to enhance the quality and efficiency of senior functionaries in the hospitality and tourism industry.
- To co-operate with relevant bodies to organize and facilitate staff development programmes for teachers and supervisors in polytechnics and the tourism industry.
- To co-operate with relevant bodies in developing and updating national training curriculum for all levels of personnel in the industry.
- To provide a forum at which representatives of both public and organized private tourism sectors and tourism institutions could exchange ideas and information on development in the industry.
- To keep and maintain a register of Travel and Tourism training institutions, their training programmes, subjects, locations standards, durations and type.
- To develop a learning resource center for the production of audio visual aids, collection and dissemination of learning materials.
- To source funds and technical assistance for the promotion of its objectives